When we play free poker, we are bound to make mistakes, especially if we are beginners. However, they say that “there are no regrets in life, but lessons”. Playing poker helps us become very insightful about the whole journey of life. This blog is a way to impart wisdom that most poker players must have in order to become winners. These lessons are only going to make you more independent, decisive and bold while playing and otherwise too!
Let us discuss a few important life lessons that every poker player must understand while playing a game of poker. That being said, even if you play 3 patti online or some other card game, you must gain a similar understanding to win. Let us begin.
- Do not be in a hurry to change what you have got: If explained in poker terms, do not be impatient to change your cards right after seeing them. Instead of cribbing about your cards, try and think how can you make the most of what you already have? If you want to win a game of poker, always remember that it is not about what cards you have, rather it is always about how you play them. If you think about it, even in life situations, it is the same – it is not about what adversities or obstacles you have, it is about how you perceive or react to them!
- Believe in yourself: This is something that you will realize gradually. Believing yourself is the most underrated advice ever. However, this can change everything! Once you start believing in yourself and your game, you will be able to enhance your confidence levels and consequently, will be better in playing the game. This is also true for every other task in your life. If you believe in yourself, you can achieve almost anything in this world.
- There is no rush to become an expert: Enjoy your days of learning and being a beginner. There is plenty to learn, experiment and explore during this time. So, be mindful of wherever you are and fall in love with the whole process of becoming a poker expert from an amateur.
- Read as much as you can: Reading is something that every individual must indulge in to excel in every sphere of their lives. There is no better way to learn and gain knowledge. Reading will help you build your own strong perspective on things. If you are playing poker, you must also know the theory of the game. Just having the practical knowledge will not get you anywhere! In fact, you can only learn about the Texas Hold’em Poker rules by heart if you read about them repeatedly.
- Do not follow just anyone, rather keep observing: In whatever sphere you want to excel, it is extremely important to have role models. In terms of poker, find the poker player who has the same style of playing as you have. Do not just pick anyone! Think about whom you identify the most and then follow his or her game. Everyone has their own way of playing – pick your role model according to who you think is the best and the most relatable.
- NEVER make fun of anybody while playing: You might be a poker expert but even then, nobody can achieve perfection in this game. That being said, if you are playing poker with an amateur, do not make fun of their moves. They might still be learning and considering you as their role model. Respect their game and if you can, teach them how to improve their game!
- You are not alone: This advice can be used for multiple facets of your life. Whenever you feel stuck in life, you must remember that you are not alone! It is completely normal to feel demotivated while playing a game of poker. Talk to your friends or fellow players about it and you will realize how normal it is to feel this way!
- Quality is always better than quantity: You might win a game or two by fluke but always remember that if you want to become a winner for the long run, you must focus on quality and not quantity. If you work on improving your game and learning in the beginning, you will realize that victory will automatically be yours. Thus, do not chase quantity or the number of times you will win, always choose quality or how you are playing.
- Learn to tame your mind before your mind learns to tame you: If you ever feel stuck or lost, do not forget to meditate or practice any other activity that will help you control your mind. Apart from your physical health, your mental health is equally important when it comes to well-being. While playing, you must know how to keep your emotions in check, therefore, meditation, yoga, or following some other activity to keep calm is a must if you want to win.
- The only thing in this world that is yours is TIME: Value it. The best thing about time is that all of us have 24 hours. The difference is how we use it. Thus, if you know that you want to work on your gaming style, spend some time doing so. Make a list of all the things you want to improve about your game and do not delay acting on them.
If you want to play games and win cash for the long run, you must do so in a sincere and wise manner. One of the best ways to do so is to follow the above tips. These tips are the shortcut to long-term victory. Happy playing!