Adequate sleep is not only helpful for your physical health – but also your mental health. Compromising on our sleep means – compromising on our performance, our mood, and our interpersonal relationships. Lack of sleep negatively impacts your immune system and also disturbs your mental state. If you are thinking that your worrisome thoughts are keeping you awake are bad, be wary of the added stress of being sleep deprived.
Getting the right amount of sleep – in terms of quality and quantity is crucial. Good sleep can protect your mental and physical health, uplift the quality of life, and keep you more active and creative. How refreshed and happy you are feeling when you are awake completely depends on the quality of your sleep.
There is a bounty of research-backed methods you can try to ensure a good sleep. With good sleep comes good mental health. So make sure you follow these measures without any fail. Go through the below-mentioned measures to sleep better and be more energetic and productive throughout the day.
- Keep in sync with your circadian rhythm: It is very important to follow a consistent sleep schedule. Due to a hectic work schedule, many people have an irregular sleeping schedule. Due to this, they struggle to get a night of adequate sleep and have to bear the consequences of disturbed sleeping patterns. So make sure if you are sleeping at 11:00 pm daily, you stick to this time and keep in sync with your circadian rhythm. You can also indulge yourself in physical activities like daily exercise to streamline your internal clock and easily fall asleep at night.
- Get some physical exercise: Various studies have suggested that it promotes better sleep. It is a proven fact that exercise reduces sleeping issues and also effective in treating insomnia. It has been said that the result you get with aerobic exercises on sleep is similar to the result you get with sleeping pills. This means you can be assured of good sleep. Physical activities can help you combat sleeping issues and other problems like stress, anxiety, headaches, and much more.
- You can play mentally challenging games like poker, grill yourself to strike a winning poker sequence, and get the best mental workout for your brain for a good sleep. We have discussed this point in detail in the next point.
- Play Mentally Challenging Online Games: Playing mentally challenging games like poker is the best remedy to have great sleep because this game gives you the mental-grind. It’s like a mental workout for your brains. You can play online cash games at leading sites like Adda52 and be ready for the mental grind every day. Many players play poker to unwind at the end of the day, give themselves the required kick before sleeping, and sleep peacefully after a thrilling session. You can also give this a shot and see the promising outcomes.
Get the best poker bonus offers, daily leaderboards, and tournaments to keep yourself thrilled 24×7. Do play thrilling games at Adda52 and enjoy the best time of your life.
- Kick your coffee & alcohol habit: This fact is hidden from nobody that caffeine alters the melatonin levels in your brain, making it take longer to fall asleep. It might give you a temporary rush, but the consequences are not good in the long run. So make sure you do keep tabs on your caffeine intake and try to limit it. Make sure that you are not consuming coffee or tea twice a day.
If you have a smoking or drinking habit, then try to quit it as soon as possible. It not only disturbs your sleeping cycle but also dangerous for your other body organs. For a good mental and physical state, keep these factors into
- Develop a bedtime routine: We already know that habits play an outsize role in many different aspects of our life. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a ton of research on the impact of bedtime habits in adults, but research in children shows that a proper bedtime routine is quite effective for a good sleep cycle. So always try to stick to a fixed sleeping schedule.
- Control your exposure to light: To ensure a healthy circadian rhythm, it is important to expose yourself to natural sunlight. You can set small targets for yourself to get daily sunlight. For example, you can do Surya namaskar in the morning, drink your morning tea or coffee outside, or go out for a morning walk.
You can take your work breaks and go out for a brisk walk to expose yourself to sunlight and ensure good blood circulation. Try to avoid watching TV and turn off any bright lights 2 hours before heading to bed.
Make sure you follow these tips without any fail to have a good sleep. Take your sleep cycles seriously if you want to be efficient and productive throughout the day. You will only be able to work efficiently and think creatively if your mind and body are well-rested and relaxed. Otherwise, you will only feel drowsy throughout the day and won’t be able to get any work done.
Do a quick poker free download on your mobile to start playing poker games online, give your mind a good workout, and sleep peacefully after a grilling and thrilling session. Wait, the cash prizes and rewards you will earn will be the cherry on top.