Innovative Rummy Triples the delight! Play three games in a row in Hollywood Rummy. Form sets of 3 or 4 cards of the same sign, or 3 or more cards in a sequence. A scoreboard with three columns keeps the scores. A player’s first win is listed in game 1, his second win is listed in both 1 and 2 and subsequently, the third win is listed in all three. A player or someone outside the game can pitch in as a dealer. Face cards are valued at 10. Numbered cards are valued as per the numbers. The aces are worth 1 point. The card game requires a duo.
Rules of the game –
• Players get 10 cards each.
• Rest of the pile is tossed aside making it a “draw pile”. Besides this, the top card is placed face up.
• The player other than the dealer picks a card from the draw pile and discards one of his cards.
• Sequential turns follow. The game goes on until any one of the players has ten or less points left.
• A player can “knock” after drawing and before discarding a card.
• At the knock, the other player adds a card to the sets of the knocker.
• When a knocker knocks with few points, both the players’ remaining hands are calculated after the exchange. If the knocker has fewer points, he scores.
• If the knocker has equal or more points than his opponent, he is “undercut” or weakened. In this case, the opponent wins the difference between their points, plus 10 points.
• A player might go “gin”. That is to have zero points in hand while knocking. In this case, a bonus of 20 points is added to the difference of the points and the whole is credited to the knocker. For instance, If player1 knocks with zero points while player2 has 6 points, a grand total of 26 points is credited to player1.
• In the same process, the second round is initiated. The dealer should be switched in each round.
• When a player wins 100 points, the game stops but continues until he has reached 100 points in all the three rounds.
Two or more sets cannot share the same card at one time.