Responsible Gaming explanation at Adda52
Poker is a skill based game that can be mastered with proper study and constant practice. Some people enjoy playing poker as a hobby and some people play it professionally. But there are few players who are addicted to poker and don’t understand when is the right time to take a break thereby resulting in compulsive behavior. On the contrary, a player who understands when to play and when to take a break and follow game rules is the one who follows responsible gaming.
As a player, you have a responsibility to not only yourself but to other players as well to keep the game of poker as healthy as possible. Poker in India is still at the nascent stage and we need to work hard to remove the negatives associated with this game. You hold a responsibility to follow a disciplined behavior irrespective of the cards dealt, gameplay and winning opportunities available. Being responsible in-game means knowing when to play, and how much money or time to spend at the tables. Following are some guidelines that you should follow as a responsible gamer to ensure safe playing experience:
- You should play poker with money that you can afford to lose.
- You should decide in advance how much money you will spend playing the game and that money should not be a part of your previous poker reserve.
- You should complete all your personal and other important tasks before sitting to play poker so that you can play the game with a free mind.
- You should also decide on the number of hours you will be devoting to the game.
- You should keep track of your performance level so that you can be mindful enough to realize when to stop playing the game.
- You should play the game as per your competency level, and should not deliberately switch to higher tables after back-to-back winnings.
- You should always set deposit limits while playing poker so that you never deposit more than you can afford to lose.
- You should not play poker by taking loans.
- You should not get into a game if you have other planned tasks on hand.
- You should not play poker in a sad or mad mood. This affects your game performance ultimately leading you in losing money.
- You should not bet all your money in a single game.
- You should take a break and pause playing for a while if you have lost money continuously 3-4 times.
- You should not play poker with money that you need for things that are essential namely rent or bills or even food.
- You should not chase losses. Even if you have continuous losses, don’t try to recoup them at tables with higher stakes.
Adda52 offers you a number of options to protect yourself from negative playing behavior.
To access the responsible gaming options, go to the main lobby of the desktop software, select Options > Responsible Gaming. On mobile, go to Settings > Responsible Gaming.
Below are the responsible gaming options.
Here you can set the table blind limits. Blinds can be selected from drop down. Once you set the limits, you will not be able to play at a table which is in excess of the imposed limit.
Once the limits are set, you won’t be able to increase or remove the limits for the next 7 days, however, you can always decrease the limits.
Tournament and SNG buy-in limits:
Here you can set the buy-in limits for the tournaments and SNGs. Once you set the limits, you will not be able to play any tournament or SNG whose buy-in is more than the set limit.
If you are registered for any real money Tournament/SNG which is in excess of above limits, you will be automatically unregistered and your buy-in will be credited back to your account in the original form. If you lower your limits the changes will take effect immediately. You can only request an increase or removal of limit, 7 days after your existing limit has been set.
These limits don't apply to the running Tournaments/SNGs. The limit also doesn't affect add-ons, rebuys, and re-entries once you have entered into the Tournament.
If you win a ticket from a satellite and the target tournament's buy-in is excess to the set limit, you won’t be able to join that target tournament and your satellite ticket will get refunded to your account in the form of Instant Bonus as per the process.
Using this option, you can exclude yourself from depositing and playing any game on adda52.com. you can select the period for which you want to keep yourself excluded from all gaming activities. Once you have self-excluded yourself, you will not be permitted to make any deposits and play any game.
During the period of 'Self Exclusion' you will be permitted to log-in to your Adda52 account. You can withdraw your balance anytime from yourAdda52 account.
If you are registered for any tournaments/SNGs, you will automatically be unregistered from the tournaments/SNGs and the buy-in amount will be credited back to your account in the original form. If you have a ticket won from the satellite, you won't be able to join the target tournament and your satellite ticket will get refunded to your account in the form of Instant Bonus as per the process.
Self Exclusion will not apply to any running Ring game hand or tournament/SNG. During the period of self-exclusion, no marketing communication will be sent to you.