Do you sometimes think so much that you know that you tend to worsen things or situations with your thoughts? Do you sometimes have irrational thoughts that completely scare you for a very long time till someone pacifies you by talking sense? Do you think that your mind keeps running all the time leading to frequent mental fatigue? It is okay to feel restless every once in a while when your thoughts are running at a faster speed than light but when it happens more often than it should happen, it might be a matter of concern – you might be an overthinker. People deal with their overthinking behavior in various unique ways. For example, they even play free poker games in order to enhance their concentration and mindfulness, indulge in some intense meditative practices, etc. We will discuss all these techniques in detail later but first, let us discuss how overthinking can affect our mind and body.
- When we overthink for a long period of time, our concentration goes haywire and we start getting distracted very easily. This affects our cognitive abilities in an adverse manner leading to forgetfulness, lack of concentration, and reduced memory power as well.
- Overthinking affects our emotional being to a great extent. When we overthink, we have a tendency to feel overwhelmed and emotional at all times. We also have a tendency to react with extreme emotions. For example, if something has happened that might trigger anger, an overthinker might become so aggressive that he or she might start hitting things, whereas if you are not an overthinker, you might be angry but in a mellow manner. Thus, it is important to learn how to manage our emotions and the first step to do that is to stop overthinking.
- When overthinking affects us so much emotionally as well as mentally, it naturally starts affecting us physically as well. We might start feeling pain in our body parts or we might also start feeling dizzy or nauseatic because of too many thoughts going on in the mind all the time. Moreover, our mind and body are connected so if one is in bad shape, the other is too not far behind.
Now that we know how badly overthinking can affect us, we must find ways to deal with it so we can become a better version of ourselves. For example, a lot of people suggest online gamings or poker download as a first step towards being more mindful, that ultimately leads to elimination of our overthinking selves. Apart from this, there are some other important ways to stop overthinking. Let us discuss.
- Meditation is the most effective way to stop overthinking. Well, this must not be the first time you have heard this. But do you know why meditation is so effective? It is because it helps in making the person more mindful or conscious of the present moment and current surroundings. Meditation does not always mean sitting in a cross-legged position, closing your eyes, or chanting some mantra. Meditation simply means concentrating – whether it is on an object, a mantra, a body part, some sound, or anything under the sun. As long as you are indulging in intense focus on some particular thing, you are good to go.
- In order to deal with overthinking, you must remember that you should not pay heed to every single thought that crosses your mind. You must realize that you should value your time and thoughts and not squander them onto some useless thoughts that do not hold any significance. Learn to view your thoughts as a bystander or a third person… do not meddle till you think some thought is important. It is not important to react to every thought you get in your mind.
- Share your feelings and thoughts with others. Now, this does not mean that you must share each and every thought of yours with others. But it simply means that you must share the thoughts that are bothering you for a long time. You never know – others might help to pacify your thoughts and calm yourself down. This is why having social support is really important.
- Distracting yourself is a great way to stop overthinking. But you cannot distract yourself with just anything under the sun – you need to distract yourself with some activity that you like. For example, if you like playing poker games, you must indulge yourself in playing that. In fact, it helps in two ways – the game anyway helps in enhancing concentration levels and since you like it, it will help you get distracted easily too!
- Indulge in some deep breathing so you can feel more connected to life. When you take deep breaths, you are reminding yourself to mellow down your pace and focus on the right things. Deep breathing undoubtedly helps you become more mindful.
- Activities like yoga and dance can also help in helping people stop overthinking. Again, these activities require us to stay in the present moment. When we are in the present moment, we are not thinking about different irrelevant things. Thus, the important thing is to learn how to stay “at the moment”.
Overthinking is a habit that can lead to a lot of adverse effects, mentally, cognitively, as well as physically. People who overthink are more prone to stress, anxiety, and some physical illnesses. Thus, people must do something to eliminate their habit of overthinking. One of the best ways to do so is by playing online games. The best part is that they are rewarding in so many ways – check out the best poker deposit offers on different online platforms and you will see for yourself. Thus, along with helping with your overthinking, they will help you gain a lot of positive things and rewards. Apart from this, there are other ways too that can help in managing your overthinking. You must follow the above tips if you want to be happy, healthy, and fit in life. Once you stop overthinking, you start to live more in the present moment and you also start to value life even more. Happy living!