When it comes to rummy, the first thing that you need to remember is that it happens to be a game of skill, ability, and endurance. It happens to be quite simple enough, especially when compared to some of the other online card games, such as Poker, even with its myriad rules and regulations. But if you happen to be a beginner where rummy is concerned, then you may want to check out the following tips and tricks, since they should help you to win the game in no time at all.
- Register at an online gaming site: Whether you are learning how to play 3 Patti or play Rummy online, the rule is simple – to learn the basics first. Once you get the hang of it, you can register at some of the reliable online gaming websites and set up your profile. Once you have entered all the pertinent information, including your details, and have checked out the various rules, regulations – you should be ready to start playing a few hands. Just keep in mind that you make it a point to check out that the gaming website is legitimate and that they offer you multiple formats for depositing cash and withdrawing your winnings. And make sure that the site in question provides all its members with a secure gaming platform, with the requisite SSL protection and data encryption.
- Pure sequence matters: When it comes to Rummy, the one pertinent detail that you need to remember above all else is that all the players are dealt with thirteen cards. And, with every round, you get to pick one card and discard the other. Primarily it is an online earning game, and the objective here is to form a complete pure sequence and sets. And that’s why holding a hand, with a pure sequence is important and one that can enable you to win it. The pure sequence does not include Jokers, since they are mostly used in place of other cards. But you can use a wild joker with its original suit and card number, to form a pure sequence. That’s valid as per game rules so it should be fine.
- Track your opponent’s play: Whether it happens to be a poker game or Rummy, you need to keep an eye on your opponent’s moves. Since you are playing the game online, it is of paramount importance that you track your opponent’s every move, including the cards they discard. Keep in mind that a card your opponent had just discarded may be the very card you require to complete your sequence. And tracking your opponents’ moves should enable you to better work out the hands he or she holds at the present, and how to strategically play your game. And once you have formed the required sequence and sets, you can go ahead and call it in for it to be declared valid. And as you well know, the one to declare first is naturally, the winner of the game.
- Discard the high-value cards: Contrary to what most poker rules suggest, when it comes to Rummy, it is always a good idea to discard your high-value cards right away. Remember, the winner is the one who has no points in the end and the ones with the most points incur a penalty apart from losing the game. So discard the high-value cards right away, keep the low-value ones as they can well help save your bacon, in more ways than one.
- Form the sequence right away: One of the tricks of Indian Rummy is to learn how to form a sequence right away. You can bet your money that your opponents are doing the same. If you are missing a card for a proper sequence, do not jeopardize your play by waiting for that card to show up. Instead, move on and see if you can add more cards to the current sequence to complete it. And as always, a pure sequence will not contain a wild joker unless it is used with its original value.
These are some of the essential tips and tricks that you need to review and if required, memorize as well before the game begins. Once the game starts, remember to follow the tips exactly, and soon, you should be able to win the hand and become an expert in no time at all. And as always, do not forget to declare once your sequence is formed and happy gaming!