Learn Texas Holdem Poker Basics
Before you indulge in playing rules of Texas Holdem Poker, the deck of cards used, the types of betting rounds and how a winner is declared. This will make it easier for you when you are playing your first game. This also provides you with an opportunity to join the millions around the globe who have already experienced the thrill of playing online poker., its important to get your basics right and this is the perfect place for an absolute beginner. At this very start of your Poker journey, you'll learn about the
- Texas Holdem Poker is played with 1 deck of cards.
- 2 cards are given to each player at the start of the game. These are called Hole cards. Each player can see his Hole cards but not the Hole cards of other players.
- There are 5 community cards that are opened for all players. These cards are opened in rounds (or hands). These rounds are referred to as:
(i) Flop (where 3 cards are opened),
(ii)Turn (where 1 card is opened) and
(iii) River (where 1 more card is opened).
- All the players start with real/practice chips at the beginning of a game.
- There are 4 betting rounds -
(i) Pre Flop - In the pre flop round, the players bet based on the strength of their hole cards.
(ii) Flop - In the flop round, the players bet based on strength of 2 hole cards and 3 community cards.
(iii) Turn - In the turn round, the players bet based on 2 hole cards & 4 community cards.
(iv) River - In the River round players bet based on all 7 cards.
- The ranking of the cards is done based on best 5 cards i.e. best 5 cards for each player are selected out of the 7 cards.
- The best 5 cards for each player are compared against each other to declare a winner.
- Betting is done in a turn wise manner.
- How To Play Poker
- Bonus Offers
- Poker Rules
- Poker Hand
- Teen Patti
- Texas Holdem
- Omaha Hi Lo
- Tips - Strategy
- Poker Bankroll
- Poker Trivia