Playing poker is like entering a battlefield where the real deal is to compete against various players with different nature and playing styles. Some of them will play like a saint, while some of them will play super aggressively. In poker, some level of aggressiveness is needed to win the game. But once a line is crossed, these super-aggressive players are known as maniacs. Maniac is a player who raises, bets, and reraises without consideration of the quality of his hand. You can also say that it is a player who feels pride in making the last bet.
If you have been playing poker for long, it will be easy for you to identify the difference between the tight and aggressive players and maniacs. Instead of playing like a maniac, it is crucial to learn how to play against them, and take advantage of their raises at the right time.
How can you spot a maniac at the poker table?
- A poker maniac will always try to play every hand. He will go for open bets, raises or re-raises every hand.
- A poker maniac will always raise and re-raise more often than required.
- A poker maniac will bluff far more than normal.
When competing against a maniac, it is crucial to improvise your preflop and post-flop strategy so that we don’t overfold against him.
Important tips for you when playing against a maniac:
Evaluate what kind of maniac your opponent is. How many poker hands is he playing? Is he playing loose-aggressive or tight-aggressive? Pay attention to all these factors and make a note of it. You will surely receive some valuable information that will help you to make wise decisions.
- If you have dealt with a powerful starting hand and a maniac makes a raise, you can go with continuation betting to force out your rivals from the game. Once you manage to thin your field and make your rivals fold, you will gain a lead in the game.
- The presence of maniacs increases the volatility rate in the game. To manage the unpredictable curveballs and survive in the long run, it is always advised to have a strong bankroll and focus on availing various poker bonuses and offers to maintain a good bankroll.
It is advised to avoid playing at tables with a maniac but you should always stay prepared for every type of situation. Learn to examine their gameplay to deal with them, make the necessary adjustments in your strategies, and realize your winning potential. Your confidence will increase and you will longer face any problem in dealing with maniacs at the table. Download the Adda52 app, one of the best free android apps, or simply log in to the website to play poker games online.