The 45th World Series of Poker (WSOP) is all set to sweep you off your feet from May 27th 2014. This time, the tournament will be held in Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas. While Vegas is going to feel the thrill and enthusiasm which is usually associated with any of the biggest poker fests of the year, it also offers you a unique flavour of freshness in its most anticipated Main Event ($10M guarantee), which is bigger than the $1M Big One event for One Drop. Beside this, this time there will be 65 WSOP Bracelets up for grabs. Undoubtedly this season is going to be heart throbbing for all poker lovers.
Here are few interesting facts about WSOP 2014 –
- $10 Million event – This time WSOP has come up with the highest event ever. The 65th event, with a $10,000 buy-in, NLHE offers a $10M guarantee cash prize for the winner. It implies that the winner of Final table of the WSOP 2014 at November Nines will win $10,000,000.
- In the Money Rule – This time the rules have changed a bit. As per Jack Effel, the Director of WSOP Tournament, players will not be allowed to use any of their electronic gadgets while playing on the poker tables, when they are in the money. However, when players are not in the hand, they may use their devices/smartphones.
- Grind centre – An exclusive Grind Room will be provided inside the Rio Convention Centre. With all necessary facilities like built-in computers, Wi-Fi reach, and power banks, this room will be a small hub for those who love to play online poker. Thus, even if you get eliminated from action on the live tables, then you can join the online tables.
- The official website – This year WSOP is going to integrate the real gaming experience with the virtual one. The official website of WSOP i.e. wsop.com will offer many main events and side event packages for online poker lovers. With the help of this, players will be able to play online poker in the Grind centres.
- Daily Poker dose and Satellite Activity – The WSOP is also expected to host approximately 100 cash game tables of different stakes. The tourney will host several poker game variants including the Chinese poker & other satellite activities.
- Big one for One Drop – The Big One for One Drop, which made its debut in 2012, is back again with a bigger & better prize pool. It is expected to be held with a 56 player cap along with a prize pool of $20,000,000 to the winner. An intriguing satellite activity for the Big One tourney has been introduced, featuring a 10-handed & $100,000 buy-in, in SNG format.
- Maximum Bracelets – This year the WSOP is offering 65 bracelets for the winners. Presently, poker pro Phil Hellmuth holds the record for winning the maximum number of WSOP Bracelets i.e. 11 bracelets. He also holds the yet unbeatable record for maximum cashes (100 cashes) and final tables (49 final tables) at the WSOP.
Some WSOP 2014 Figures –
- Date : 27th May – 14th July, 2014
- Venue : Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
- Bracelet Events : 65
- Smallest buy-in Event : 1-$500 Casino Employees No Limit Hold’em
- Maximum buy-in Event : 57- $1,00,000 The Big One for One Drop
- Main Event Event : 65-$10,000 No Limit Texas Hold’em
- Youngest Main Event Winner : Joe Cada
Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.
Comments are closed.