Poker is a game of skill wherein you can get up to 169 different combinations of starting cards. The hole cards play a key role in determining your proficiency in the game. Playing your way in poker seems easy but is challenging enough. So, if you follow the hand rankings and give credence to certain hand combinations, you can be a winning player in long run.
Following are the best possible hand combinations you can find in the game of poker.
- Royal Flush is the best possible hand combination consisting of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit. Nothing can beat this five-card hand combination in the game of poker.
- Straight Flush consists of 5 cards which are in a consecutive rank, for eg: 6,7,8, 9 & 10 of hearts. If two players hit straight flush, then he one with the higher denomination wins the game.
- Four of a Kind consists of 4 cards of the same rank, and higher value cards beat the lower value cards.
- Full House is the hand combination with three cards of the same rank and two other cards of a different rank.
- Flush is when a player has 5 different cards (mix of high and low cards) of the same colour.
- Three of a Kind applies when a player makes three cards of the same rank and two cards of a different colour.
- Two Pair if formed with two pairs of cards of the same value
- One Pair consists of two cards must have the same value and the other three cards of any other denomination
- High Card is a hand combination with anyone high card in the hand.
Following are some starting cards that you should play to win big in poker:
Pocket Aces and Pocket Kings
Aces and Kings are considered the best starting pair you can play, irrespective of the suit. Though the chances of being with dealt with pocket aces and pocket kings are less, but you should not overvalue them and should play them strategically. It’s true that these hands are tough to beat but don’t forget they are beatable.
See Also:- How To Play Poker
Ace-King, Ace-Queen, Ace-Jack
Thanks to their highness and royalty, these are the next highest possible starting hands in the game of poker. The Ace-King pair is the strong starting hand that gives you a lot of opportunities to make strong hand combinations. It is definitely a perfect bet to win a pot at the table. Ace-Queen and Ace-Jack are the next best combination to play. Moreover, if these pairs are of the same suit, they hold the higher value. For example, Queen-Ace of the same suit will trump the Queen-Ace of different suits.
Thus, if you get the above cards as starting hands, make the best possible combination of poker hands to win big in the game.