India has always been open to everything that makes a difference & the game of poker is one of those several things. In the past few years, poker has evolved a lot. From land-based casinos in Goa to virtual online poker rooms, there are many options where players can hone their poker skills.
Few popular land-based casinos of India are –
- Casino Royale – It is the most popular & largest floating Casino of India located on a huge boat anchored to the Mandovi River, Panjim. The classy casino has five decks with three floors of gaming. The gaming area is spread over 12,000 square feet. Along with 50 gaming tables & 30 slot machines, it is known for hosting top level tournaments every week. The entry fee is Rs.1500 per person (Monday to Thursday) and Rs.2000 (Friday to Sunday) which includes unlimited food, alcoholic drinks and entertainment, along with the allotment of playing chips. It is open 24*7. The dress code is smart casual (no shorts, sleeveless shirts, or flip-flops/chappals). It offer various games including Texas Holdem Poker, Indian Flush, American Roulette, Blackjack Poker, Baccarat, Mini Flush, Sicbo, Moneywheel, Casino Wars, Pontoon.
- Casino Pride – Casino Pride is one of the most luxurious casinos of India located along the coast of Mandovi river, Panjim. With three floors of gaming & 40 gaming tables, it is spread over an area of 10,000 square foot. There is a special Kid’s Zone that offers different computer games. The entry fee is Rs.1000 (Monday to Thursday) including one time Play Coupon worth Rs.500 and Rs.1500 (Friday to Sunday) including one time Play Coupon worth Rs.1000. This also includes unlimited buffet, and unlimited drinks (house brand) while playing at the gaming tables. It offers games like Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, Casino War, 3 Card Poker, Texas Hold’em Poker, Mini flush, Flush, Andar Bahar and Marriage Rummy. It is open 24*7 & offers live entertainment every night from 9.00-11.00 p.m. The dress code is smart casual.
- Casino Carnival – It has two venues — inside the Goa Marriott adjacent to Mirama beach, and aboard a boat on the Mandovi River. The one located at the Marriott is known for having the largest selection of slot machines along with a large variety of table games. The floating casino has four decks, with 27 gaming tables spread over two floors. There is also a VIP room for high rollers. It offers live entertainment every night on the main gaming floor and on the open air deck. The dress code is smart casual. Games that are offered here are American Roulette, Poker, Blackjack & slot machines. The entry fee is Rs.1500 per person at the floating casino which includes unlimited buffed dinner, snacks and house brand alcohol, entertainment and casino entrance tax.
- Chances Casino and Resort – Chances Casino and Resort is a luxurious hotel with 53 rooms, situated in the scenic Vainguinim Valley near Panjim. It is the oldest and largest onshore casino of Goa. The atmosphere is quite lively and attracts the crowd of hotel guests, locals, and tourists. A free buffet dinner is provided for gamblers. There is also live music every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday along with reasonable stay and play packages. The entry fee is Rs.500 per head which increases to amount of Rs.2000 (including Rs.1000 in redeemable coupons) in peak season. It is open every day from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m. The dress code is smart casual. It offers games like American Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Blackjack & slot machines.
- Dunes Casino – Dunes is the newest casino of south Goa located at the Zuri White Sands resort. It attracts the crowd of serious male gamblers at night. The Zuri is a luxury resort with 154 guest rooms in a separated location. It is located at varca beach, cavelossim. The entry fee is Rs.500 per head & is open 24*7. The dress code is smart casuals & the type of games that are available are American Roulette, slot machines, derby games (all automated).
Not to forget to enjoy casinos of goa during the carnival period. These casinos reflect the fun and nightlife in Goa.
Comments are closed.