Playing poker just for the sake of playing and proving your expertise in the game is something that you should never do. Even if you are a highly-skilled poker player and have the knack of handling every type of situation at the table, you must not play the game when not in a good mood. It is important to not underestimate the correlation between the quality of your performance and the right mood. If you had a bad day at your workplace or an awful fight with your friend, the same will get reflected in your performance. Playing popular games online in a bad state of mind will restrict your ability to give 100% and your chances of losing the game will increase.
Let’s highlight some instances when you should avoid playing the game:
- After a Stressed & Hectic Day: Though many players love to unwind a tiring day with a quick poker match, the same is not the case with everyone. Mental, as well as physical fatigue, often leads them to get zone out during the match and miss the important cues. All their effort to stay in the game went in vain if they are not able to concentrate properly. If you are feeling exhausted after a long tiring day, you should simply avoid playing poker for that day and save yourself from losing money.
- When You Are Losing Consistently: The ultimate truth is that you cannot win every match of poker, despite possessing impeccable skill sets. If you have been celebrating your winning sequence, you also have to be prepared to bear the losses at some point. Players often get lured by the tempting juicy tables and keep paying the game to win back their losses. It is always advised to set a limit and stick to it. Wrap it up if you are losing consistently and convince yourself that it’s not your day. It will only help you to control your tilt and save your bankroll. Whenever facing such situations, it’s better to walk out of the game.
- When You Feel Angry or Frustrated: Decisions that are made in an angry state of mind are the worst. Leave game decisions, you should never make any decision in life when you feel frustrated or angry. If you are irritated about something, it’s better to solve those problems first so that you can play the game with a good state of mind.
- When Pending Tasks Are Lined-Up: You won’t be able to unleash your true potential at the table if some pending tasks are running constantly at the back of your mind. To outperform the rivals at the poker table, your minds should be clear and thoughts should be organized. In this way, you can unlock your real potential at the competitive green tables.
- If You are Under the Weather: Playing light games when you are sick can be a good way to cheer yourself up, but not mind sports like poker. Poker is a game of skill that demands your complete attention. If you are not well, you won’t be able to pay your full attention and your rivals might take advantage of your situation. Not only will it affect your health, but also make you lose the game.
Every player should avoid playing the game in these situations. Play at Adda52, a popular poker Indian platform, to enjoy your massive winnings and make your game rewarding.