Being one of the most popular card games in the world, poker is now ready to set a new trend. The cool and unique mascots of various popular poker players not only attract the audience but also set a new trend in the world of poker.
Right from the rookie players like Marcel Luske to poker pros like Chris Ferguson; all players have their unique mascots which not only add a spice of attraction in the game play but also brings fortune for them.
Let us have a look at those unusual and unique poker mascots that have graced the poker table in past few years –
- The eccentric Jesus look – Chris Ferguson, the famous American professional player is quite popular for his long hair and brown beard, cool mirrored sunglasses and signature cowboy hat, Chris got his nickname “Jesus” for his eccentric looks.
- Fossilman’s Spooky Shades – Greg Raymer, the famous poker pro has a hobby of collecting fossils. He started playing poker during his college days, when he played for dimes and nickels. In fact, he often keeps a small fossil as a card protector while playing poker. Beside this, he is also known for his cool lizard-eye hologram sunglasses.
- Shark at the Poker Table – The famous poker pro of Costa Rican Humberto Brenes, who is known as “The Shark” in the international poker circuit, got his nickname for his habit of keeping a small toy shark that he uses as a card protector in tournaments. Known for his aggressive playing style, Humberto can be seen exclaiming “the shark is hungry” whenever he win big pots.
- Guard your Stack with Casper – Unlike other players, Doyle Brunson earned his nickname “Texas Dolly” due to a spelling error on an entrance form rather than his poker accessory. The 10-time WSOP bracelet winner is famous for keeping a novelty “Ghostbusters” cigarette lighter which has the name “Dolly” engraved on it. The Nickname of the lighter i.e. “Casper” add a bit of spice to the Brunson’s persona, who usually wears a cowboy hat whenever he is at the poker table.
- Skullman Has a Bone to Pick – The well-known poker pro from England i.e. Gerald David is famous for his bone-chilling attire and a skull which he uses as a card protector. David can be often seen in his typical outfit made of numerous skulls whenever he takes a seat at the poker table. His skull bracelet, necklace, and rings conveys the British pro’s aggressive playing style. He is popularly known as “Skullman”.
- The Orange Trademark – The popular poker pro Johnny Chan is known for keeping a fresh orange on his poker table which has eventually become his trademark. The poker pro admits that he really likes the smell of a fresh orange more than the smell of cigarettes.
- The Poker Brat – Phil Helmuth who is also known as ‘The Poker Brat’ is famous for flashy attire and themed vehicles on every WSOP’s opening night. The winner of 13 WSOP bracelets including a Main Event victory in 1989, Phil also has other accomplishments including poker commentary and endorsing an online poker room to his credit.