RUMMY POINTS SYSTEM
Rummy Points System
The points system used in 13 Card Rummy game are described below.
- Fewer the points in a game the better is the player's rank.
- The face cards (Jack, Queen and King) and Ace have a value of 10 points each.
- The numbered cards have a value equal to their face value.
- Jokers have ZERO points.
If a player does not take any action in his 3 consecutive turns in the allocated time, he will automatically be dropped out & it will be considered as a middle drop. Moreover, if a player skips his first turn (timeout) & drops in his second turn, again middle drop will be taken into account. In 13 card rummy, 40 points are allocated to a player on middle drop.
- The winner gets zero points, while the other players get points according to their cards.
- In case a player fails to make the needed straight sequences, (one pure, without Joker and second with or without a Joker) then points of ALL the cards in the hand are added (up to a maximum of 80).
- In case the two mandatory sequences are made, then the points of the cards which are not melded in valid sets are added.
- Maximum of 80 points can be allocated to a hand.
- In case a player does not send his melded cards, full 80 points are allocated.
- In case a declaration goes wrong, 80 points are allocated to the player.
The points system used in 21 card rummy is described here