Online 21 Card Rummy Game
21 Cards Rummy is an interesting and fun variant of rummy. The standard rules of online rummy games apply in this game too. Thus, there is no change in the nomenclature or the way cards are arranged or melded or declaration is done. The only change is that in the 21 card rummy game, there are additional points that a player gets if the value cards are there in a player’s hands. In this manner, a player who has a full hand, can minimize his losses, if he has these value cards in his hand.
Complete rules to play 21 Card Rummy Game
A winning declaration in 21 Cards Rummy Online includes the following combination:
- 3 pure sequences & remaining cards in valid sets/sequences.
- 8 Jokers in one group.
- 8 dublee in separate groups; wherein Dublee is the pair of cards of same suit & same face value
- 7 dublees arranged in groups will be a free hand.
- 3 trinalas in separate groups.
- 2 Marriage groups in hand
- Moreover, 3 paper jokers together form a valid trinala.
- The "Ace of spade & 2 of club" together form Star Cards. Each Star card holds 10 points & cannot be treated as a joker.
Calculation of value card scores
In addition to all the points discussed above, there will be certain VALUE cards, which are dependent on the cut joker that is opened for every game. These cards change with every game, because the cut joker changes with every game. These cards are called VALUE cards. For easy identification these value cards are highlighted for each game. Each value card holds 20 points.
3 consecutive value cards of same suit = Marriage = 100 Points
What are Value cards?
The Value Cards are like jokers because they can be used as normal jokers, but they are also “valuable” in the sense that if a player possess any of these cards, all the other players in that game, will give certain additional points for these value cards, to the player who has these value cards in their hand irrespective of the fact that the player has declared or not in that particular game. Similarly all other players will get points for the value cards they have in their hand, from each of the players, at the time of playing that particular game.
Example of Value cards:
Let us assume that 5 of hearts is the cut joker that has been opened in a particular game.
Then all 5s are jokers, as in a normal Rummy game.
- 6 of hearts - is a value and carries 20 points. Each 6 of hearts in each player's hand will get 20 points from all the other players. It will also be called Paplu.
- 4 of hearts - is a value too and carries 20 points. Each 4 of hearts in hand will get 20 points from all the other players. It will also be called Nichlu.
- 5 of hearts- is a value and carries 20 points . However please remember, we are playing with 3 decks of cards and hence there will be only two 5 of hearts. Each 5 of hearts in hand will get 20 points, from each of the other players in that particular game. It will also be called Titlu.
The most interesting aspect of the 21 Cards Rummy game is, if a player in a particular game has - 4 of hearts, 5 of hearts, and 6 of hearts, then it is called Marriage Hand. Marriage in a Rummy game will attract 100 points. Each marriage in hand will get 100 points. This marriage is also treated as a pure sequence.
Maximum point losses a player can incur in a game
All the "Value Cards" will be honored first. Full hand points will vary from 0 to 120 ensuring the maximum point a player gives out in one hand is 240.
Common terms in the 21 Card Rummy Game
In order to be well-versed with the 21 Card Game Online, it is important to understand a few basic concepts or terminologies related to the game.
- Tunnela: Tunnela is comprised of 3 matching cards. It is a pure sequence in this game.
- Dublee: Dublee is the pair of cards of the same suit & same face value.
- Toss: This option is used to decide which player will make the first move.
- Joker: A joker can be used as a substitute for any other card to make a sequence or a set.
- Upper Joker: The card which ranks over the cut joker of the same suit.
- Lower Joker: The card which ranks under the cut joker of the same suit.
- Sequence: It is a combination of 3 or more cards of the same suit.
How to calculate the winning amount in 21 Cards Rummy?
The winning amount can be calculated by multiplying the total score of the winner with the rupee value of the point and by subtracting the rake amount from the multiplied figure or amount.
What are the online 21 Card Game Rules?
Objective: The objective of 21 Cards Rummy is to arrange or put in a valid sequence or set all the 21 cards dealt to the players.
The mandatory requirements for declaring is:
- 3 pure sequence of minimum 3 cards each.
- If 3 sequences are not made then the entire hand is counted as points, with the exception of the pure sequences and jokers. Rest of the cards can be made into impure sequences and sets. An impure sequence is defined as a sequence which has been made with the help of a joker. These sets or impure sequences are mandatorily made of 3 cards, but they can also be made of 4 cards. Jokers can be used to make these sets/sequences.
Now that you have an idea about how to play 21 Cards Rummy, let us discuss the scoring in the game.
Scoring in 21 card game
Who is the winner according to the 21 Cards Rummy rules?
The player who makes a valid declaration is the winner of the game. After deciding the winner, the scores of all the players are calculated. Here is this is done -
|Value Card||Points (1 card)|
|Paplu (upper joker)||20|
|Taplu (lower joker)||20|
|Ace of Spade||20|
|2 of Club||20|
The points are also based on the drops that will be discussed at the end of this section.
While all these points are calculated, along with the drop, in order to count the score of the non-winning players, there are some exceptions to these rules too! Do remember those exceptions before doing the final calculation.
How to calculate the winning amount?
Winning amount = Multiply the positive score of the winner with the point value and subtract the rake amount from that!
How does drop work?
If you want to learn How to Play 21 Cards Rummy Online, it is extremely important to understand how drop works.
As the values play a major role in 21 cards rummy, the rules for players also will change when they wish to opt for a drop/leave seat.
- Initial Drop: Initial drop penalty of 30 points
- No values are honoured, either in the hands of the person opting for initial drop or values in hand of other players on the table.
- Middle Drop- Middle Drop penalty of 60 points
- All values are honoured - either in the hands of the person opting for initial drop or values in hand of other players on the table.
- Leave Seat- Not allowed after game starts
- Exit Room- : Full points levied i.e. 120 points. Always allowed, warning is shown if player leaves rooms after dropping
- No values are honoured - either in the hands of the person opting for initial drop or values in hand of other players on the table.
- Like cut joker, even value cards cannot be picked from the discarded pile except the very first time.
21 Card Game Rummy FAQs
Where can I play rummy online?
Adda52 is the best platform to play rummy online. It is the best because it is safe, authentic and legal. Moreover, this platform gives massive rewards to the winners.
What is a marriage hand?
3 consecutive value cards of the same suit are called a Marriage hand. This hand leads to 100 Points.
What is the best platform to play 21 Cards Rummy?
You can enjoy a seamless gaming experience at Adda52 whenever you want. It is a great platform to play rummy for beginners as well as experienced players.
What is a cut joker?
In 21 Card rummy, one card is selected as a ‘wild joker’ right in the beginning of the game. That card is called a cut joker.
What is Dublee?
Dublee is the pair of cards of the same suit & same face value.
- How To Play Poker
- Bonus Offers
- Poker Rules
- Poker Hand
- Teen Patti
- Texas Holdem
- Omaha Hi Lo
- Tips - Strategy
- Poker Bankroll
- Poker Trivia