WSOP Records - Fun & Facts
- Maximum Number of Bracelets Won by a Player – Phillip Jerome Hellmuth from Madison, popularly known as Phil Hellmuth, holds the record for winning the maximum number of WSOP Bracelets won by any single player. Currently he owns the record with 13 bracelets in his pocket. Phil won his first WSOP bracelet in 1989 and the latest one in 2012. Phil has even won multiple bracelets in the same year. He won three bracelets in 1993, two bracelets in 2003 and two bracelets in 2012.
- Maximum Cashes by a Player – To be on the list of maximum Cashes or Money finishes, a player has to finish in the top fifteen positions in a WSOP Tournament. The record for the highest number of cashes ever by any poker player is own by Phil Hellmuth who has a record 100 Money Finishes in the WSOP alone.
- Maximum Earnings in WSOP Till Now – Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari is an Iranian Poker player who holds the record for maximum earnings till date in the World Series of Poker. He has earned a total of USD 19,385,048 from the WSOP alone. Esfandiari, who won his first WSOP bracelet in 2004, has earned more than USD 23,400,000 in Live Poker Tournament earnings.
- Maximum Number of Final Tables – The Final Table in a World Series of Poker Tournament usually consists of the top six players of that particular tournament. The record for the maximum number of appearances at the final tables in WSOP tournaments is held by Philip Hellmuth with 49 appearances so far. He started his WSOP career in the late 1980's.
- Main Event Winner for Maximum Number of Times – Johnny Moss and Stu Ungar are the two Poker players who have won multiple bracelets throughout their World Series of Poker careers. Both of them hold a rare distinction though, of having the highest number of Main Event wins, both having won three events each. Johnny Moss won them in 1970, 1971 and 1974 whereas Stu Ungar won them in 1980, 1981 and 1997.
- Youngest Main Event Champion – Joseph Cada from Michigan won the 2009 World Series of Poker Bracelet. He won the main Event of the tournament. That victory also gave him the Title of being the youngest ever Main Event Champion at the WSOP. Joseph clinched the record at a startling age of 21 years and 357 days. Beside this, he is also known for his 8 money finishes thereafter in his Poker career.
- Oldest Main Event Champion – Johnny Moss, who owns the title of being WSOP main event winner for maximum number of times, has also created another record with his third victory in 1974. He is honored for being the oldest player ever to win a WSOP Main event at the age of 66 years and 358 days. Moss has won three WSOP main events.
- Maximum Number of Main Event Cashes – Berry Enfield Johnston from Oklahoma is a popular poker player who has won 5 World Series of Poker Bracelets. He also holds the unique title of having finished in the Money in WSOP Main Events for maximum number of times. Out of his tally of 60 WSOP cashes, 10 were from Main Events, the highest ever.