Hero calls

Play Now

POKER PSYCHOLOGY

Making Use of Hero Calls

Often in a poker game, a player will make a big river raise representing the nuts or strongest hand in poker. This will even come from a very good player that 99 percent of the time does this while possessing decent poker hand and is only bluffing the other 1 percent. A hero call is when a player realizes when that 1% is happening and makes this very difficult call.

To be a little more precise, a Hero Call is when a poker player makes a risky marginal call solely based on a read or gut feel.

The key problem with hero calling is that there is an incredibly thin line between making the odd, balanced big call, and of turning into a massive calling station. Most of the time in poker, big bets and lots of action indicate big hands, and starting to call big river bets in Texas Holdem with marginal hands can become an extremely dangerous game.

You need to have a very good specific reason in your head to make these hero calls, and just doing them on an impulse is usually a recipe for disaster. Mostly you should be looking to make these calls either:

a) To slow down a very aggressive player; at some point you will have to make a stand against these players, and there are some situations where calling with marginal hands are actually quite good spots to achieve this; or

b) Because of a specific read on a player that makes you extremely certain that they are up to something. Be it a timing tell online, or a physical tell live, you usually need some kind of reliable evidence to make very big calls in the face of lots of action.

Think very carefully before making a hero call otherwise it might end your game a bit too early.

HELP

Poker Dictionary

The poker dictionary is your reference for poker jargon and the language of poker.

Testimonials From Our Players

poker player testimonial

I am a late entrant into poker world and at 43 years of age, double the age of a lot of players on the tourney circuit. I am a Private Equity Fund Manager and poker is a passion for me!! I have now been playing for over 4 years now - both cash and tournament games. My background in investing made me adapt to the game fast. The approach of studying the game through books, courses (Nick Petrangelo, raiseyouredge) online videos and bit of coaching from Prabhat Mukherjea.. all played a part in preparing me for this. This win is a testimony that poker is not gambling and hard work pays off.

I am extremely happy at winning the ATOC ME. it is apt that my first big tournament win comes on adda52 where I started my poker journey about 4 years back.

piyush goenka

poker player testimonial

Adda52 is a very good platform to play tourney high value tourneys and best RNG is here make life Profitable means best hand always best hand here no bad beats.

Umesh Singh

poker player testimonial

Amazing adda52 app with genuinity. As you win you can transfer amount instantly and will be credited to your account within 24hrs. No cheating. I recommended this app to my friends also and they play game on adda52 whenever they get free time.

george varghese

poker player testimonial

I never thought poker as gambling it’s a skilled game and you need to practice it a lot before you call yourself a expert. Thanks to Adda52-Poker for creating such platform grey stuff.

raghav bhatia

poker player testimonial

This is one of the best sites i have played on love the interface and software very smooth with fast withdrawals hands down to it.

Brandin Francis

Customer Care
1800 572 0611
Monday - Sunday
12 PM to 10 PM